Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve...

...this year it's painful, and nothing will make it less painful.

Today was the one time in the year that Eric's mom and dad were front and center in our life.  Oddly, I miss them...a lot.

I met Eric's mom briefly when she was living at the house she owned with her ex, the one Eric was living in when I met him, then I started to get to know her better when she was getting sober(which she did with flying colors).  She didn't really like me at first, probably cause I was a bit like her and had some of the same behaviors.  I think over the years she learned to love me...maybe she never really liked me, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how I met Eric's dad, more than likely it was when he brought some of Eric's stuff to my house the first time.

Today was a day of happiness for us, every year...opening gifts, having food and spending time just hanging out...it was simple, but it was good.

I haven't contacted either of them since the split other than to give Eric's mom some cupcakes for mother's day and to send her and her partner a card congratulating them on their wedding.

I don't feel like I'm welcome to contact them either.  I wish they would call me, and tell me they want to see me.  But I suppose that would hinder my healing as well.

When you have traditions, and people that are a part of your life for so long, you really lose feel lost when those traditions and people aren't around anymore.

I don't understand how to feel or how to be a part of something else yet.  I don't want to right now.

Today, it might be Christmas Eve for many, but for me, it's a day to mourn the loss of something that I took for granted every year before now.

I miss and love them very much still and I hope that their Christmas Eve is filled with love, laughter and happiness!

Pan



No comments:

Post a Comment